7th SIRikt 2013 International Conference was held from 13th to 17th May 2013 in Kranjska Gora, Slovenia.
This year’s International Conference SIRikt was organized by the project E-Education for the fourth consecutive year, held in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport, the National Education Institute of the Republic of Slovenia, the Academic and Research Network of Slovenia (ARNES), the Centre of the Republic of Slovenia for Mobility and European Educational and Training Programmes and the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Vocational Education and Training. The central theme of the conference remains the way towards E-competent schools which is also the objective of the project E-Education, building the way to E-Competent Teachers, Principals and IT Experts. 1,162 Participants and Lecturers attended the SIRikt Conference 2013.
The conference brought together five different events:
- Videoconference Day, where eight primary and secondary schools actively cooperated. Videoconference’s themes: New skills for new times; Not every piece of information is gold that glitters; We knit nets, but we are not spiders; Connect the worlds, know the people; New idea for a penny.
- Online Video-Conference Round Table entitled “Social Media has changed our social lives, is it about to transform our schools?”
- Arnes 2013 Conference – USER MOBILITY. The participants learned about mobile trends in the European education and research sector, and the current situation in Slovenia.
- Forging a pathway to the future conference. 162 lectures/papers were presented: 9 plenary lectures, 88 presentations, 22 workshops, 33 interactive posters, one panel discussion, Teachmeet and Open Space.
- The KONFeT or eTwinning Event united teachers, who include ICT and international cooperation in their lessons. Within the prize-giving ceremony of the SIRikt Conference was also the Awards ceremony Golden Cord 2013 for the best eTwinning projects of the previous school year.
The International Conference SIRikt 2013 presented an overview on e-learning and teaching at home and abroad with a variety of domestic and foreign papers. It was also an opportunity for personal and professional growth. As this year is the European Year of Citizens, we could already think about what kind of citizenship we want, since the digital citizenship is largely included.
• Conference website: www.sirikt.si
• The recording of the videoconference day: www.sirikt.si
• The recording of the online videoconference roundtable: https://vox.arnes.si
• Recordings of plenary lectures and other lectures of the conference: www.sirikt.si