SPAIN - CNIIE
Centro Nacional de Innovación e Investigación Educativa - CNIIE
Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte
Calle General Oraá 55
E - 28010 Madrid
Ms Violeta Miguel
Phone +34 91 7018000 ect. 20854
Fax +34 91 745 94 38
CIDREE National Coordinator: vacant Institutional size: 80
The National Centre for Educational Innovation and Research (CNiiE) is a ministerial body depending upon the General Directorate for Evaluation and Territorial Cooperation. It may be considered as a unit for generating knowledge on education, working for the Spanish education system through the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
IFIIE’s specific mission is to mediate between the knowledge on education and the decision-making, especially from the State’s educational administration, but also from the educational administrations in the Autonomous Communities or from schools, as well as from supranational administrations.
Action Guidelines: The following training, research and innovation actions are CNiiE’s priorities:
- The coordination of actions related to the teaching of Foreign Languages and programmes involving Foreign Languages and bilingual teaching.
- The elaboration and promotion of research, innovation, studies and reports on education and the elaboration and edition of publications together with materials related to education in accordance to the editorial programme of the department.
- Support and innovation programmes tending to the compensation of inequalities, inclusive education, attention to the underprivileged within the sphere of education or the attention to other areas of social interest.
- The administrative, economic and financial management of textbook programmes as for other specific aid for non-university studies not subjected to the general system that have as an objective the teachings regulated in the Organic Act on Education 2/2006, of the 3rd of May. The follow-up, control and evaluation of the compliance to the obligations required for the beneficiaries of the above mentioned programmes.
- The programming and management of actions and plans so as to promote equal opportunities in accessing education, the territorial cooperation plans with students, as the public announcement, adjudication and the awarding of the national study prizes.
- The design, planning and management of grants and study aids aimed at non-university students.
Some of the programmes that are carried out in this institution are:
- Management of the Spanish Unit of the EURYDICE Network
- Spanish network about information in education (REDIE)
- Studies on the education system
- Education and Gender: INTERCAMBIA
- Inclusive education and intercultural education (CREADE)
- Media Education (MEDIASCOPIO)
- Health Education
- LACM Spain-Morocco Programme
- Didactic innovation for technical and scientific pathways
- Key competences in education
- National Educational Research and Innovation Prizes/ Contests for studies on the Ministry’s strategic subjects.
The CNiiE’s actions are carried out within the framework of its various specific missions, linked to two working areas.
The mission of mediating between the knowledge generated by educational research and the decision-making, i.e., the link between two different activity fields like research and politics (in a broad sense), especially policies emerging from the State’s educational administration, is specifically related to the Studies and Educational Research Area.
The mission of transferring educational knowledge, necessary for launching educational processes and tools which are fundamental for achieving the education system’s strategic objectives is linked to the Innovation Programmes Area.